Manchester United have been strongly linked with a move to sign Arsenal contract rebel Alexis Sanchez this month.
So strong are the reports that the Chilean was left out of Arsenal’s loss to Bournemouth on Sunday because the player’s heart wasn’t fully committed to his current club, so said Arsene Wenger in his pre-match interview.
Although no deal has been announced, the media is confident that Sanchez will end up at Old Trafford at some point this month.
A report from his home country has even revealed what shirt number the 29-year-old will be handed provided he joins Manchester United.
Chilean newspaper El Mercurio report that Alexis Sanchez will be handed the number 7 shirt. The shirt number has previously been worn by United legends Eric Cantona, David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo in the Premier League… as well as Memphis Depay.
Depay was the last player to wear the shirt for United before departing to Lyon nearly a year ago. Sanchez currently wears the number 7 shirt for Arsenal.
The Gunners star is currently in the final six months of his contract at the Emirates and it looks incredibly unlikely that he will sign a new deal. If he is not sold this month then in all likelihood he will leave the North London club on a free transfer over the summer.
- Erik ten Hag can finally unleash his best attack against Galatasaray tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hannibal Mejbri returns
- Why Man Utd should sign Antonio Silva instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- David de Gea sends message to Manchester United defender Lisandro Martinez as Argentine is ruled out for months
- Man Utd missing eight players for Galatasaray clash as Lisandro Martinez’s surgery is confirmed
- Boost for Man Utd with Hakim Ziyech missing from Galatasaray’s travelling squad
- Kobbie Mainoo returns to Manchester United training after picking up injury in pre-season
- Dermot Gallagher: Officials made right decision not to award Manchester United penalty against Crystal Palace after ball struck Joel Ward’s arm
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday