Tottenham Hotspur ace Harry Kane and Napoli striker Victor Osimhen are ‘elite’ January transfer window options for Manchester United.
That’s according to Manchester Evening News, who claim that Erik ten Hag would like to bring either player to Old Trafford this winter.
However, Benfica hitman Goncalo Ramos or PSV Eindhoven star Cody Gakpo are reportedly more likely options for United.
Ten Hag desperately needs to add a world-class centre-forward to his ranks at Old Trafford, if he is to guide United back to their glory days.
It could be argued that an elite striker is all that’s separating the Red Devils from currently competing for the Premier League title.
It seems as though Ten Hag is very keen to address that particular issue in the January window.
‘Elite’ Manchester United January transfer plan
MEN claim that Ten Hag is very keen to strengthen his ranks at Old Trafford this winter, in a bid to make the second half of the campaign a fruitful one.
While Ramos and Gakpo are the Dutchman’s most realistic targets, he is still dreaming of signing either Osimhen or Kane.
Either the Nigeria or England international forwards would be exceptional signings for United. It is very clear to see that signing either of them will be nigh on impossible in January, though.
Napoli are on track to win their first Serie A title since 1990, while Tottenham are in the thick of the battle for the Champions League places.
There is no way that either Aurelio De Laurentiis or Daniel Levy will sell their star players midway through a season. The summer transfer window may well be a completely different story, of course.
But for now, United may have to make do with signing a level below a world-class centre-forward in the January transfer window.
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest