Tottenham Hotspur ace Harry Kane and Napoli striker Victor Osimhen are ‘elite’ January transfer window options for Manchester United.
That’s according to Manchester Evening News, who claim that Erik ten Hag would like to bring either player to Old Trafford this winter.
However, Benfica hitman Goncalo Ramos or PSV Eindhoven star Cody Gakpo are reportedly more likely options for United.
Ten Hag desperately needs to add a world-class centre-forward to his ranks at Old Trafford, if he is to guide United back to their glory days.
It could be argued that an elite striker is all that’s separating the Red Devils from currently competing for the Premier League title.
It seems as though Ten Hag is very keen to address that particular issue in the January window.
‘Elite’ Manchester United January transfer plan
MEN claim that Ten Hag is very keen to strengthen his ranks at Old Trafford this winter, in a bid to make the second half of the campaign a fruitful one.
While Ramos and Gakpo are the Dutchman’s most realistic targets, he is still dreaming of signing either Osimhen or Kane.
Either the Nigeria or England international forwards would be exceptional signings for United. It is very clear to see that signing either of them will be nigh on impossible in January, though.
Napoli are on track to win their first Serie A title since 1990, while Tottenham are in the thick of the battle for the Champions League places.
There is no way that either Aurelio De Laurentiis or Daniel Levy will sell their star players midway through a season. The summer transfer window may well be a completely different story, of course.
But for now, United may have to make do with signing a level below a world-class centre-forward in the January transfer window.
- Manchester United want Torino right-back Raoul Bellanova to replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the summer
- Wayne Rooney says senior Man Utd players need to get Marcus Rashford fired up
- Amad Diallo reacts to Sofyan Amrabat’s performance as Manchester United book spot in FA Cup quarter-finals
- Alan Shearer reacts to Antony’s performance vs Nottingham Forest
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini