Manchester United are now reportedly eyeing up a move to sign talented Napoli midfielder Eljif Elmas in the summer window.
That’s according to a report from Tuttomercatoweb who claim that United are currently the club showing the most interest in signing the 22-year-old this summer.
The 39-capped North Macedonia international is a real talent. He’s an attacking midfielder by trade but he can also operate in a more orthodox central midfield role and even on the left wing.
Erik ten Hag has addressed his central midfield weaknesses by signing Casemiro. The next item on his agenda will be to bring a top-class forward to Old Trafford.
And it seems as though the Dutchman is keen to add more competition to his attacking midfield ranks as well.
Manchester United eyeing Eljif Elmas swoop
TMW reckon that several European clubs are tracking the Napoli star – ‘above all Manchester United’.
Elmas is a real talent, that’s very clear to see. He bagged seven goals and six assists in 46 games for Napoli last season.
The Napoli star possesses exceptional technical ability and has fantastic vision that, combined with his technique, makes him one of the best young footballers in the game.
In 37 Serie A appearances last season, he made 21.5 passes on average per game and recorded an impressive completion rate of 87.8%.
We think that Elmas would be an exciting addition for United. And £34m seems like a really reasonable fee to pay for the Napoli starlet, considering his talent and undoubted potential.
Stats via Transfermarkt and WhoScored.
- Omonia Nicosia 2-3 Manchester United: Three talking points as Marcus Rashford continues his stellar form
- Erik ten Hag reveals his plans for Anthony Martial after injury comeback
- Three Man Utd stars with a big point to prove against Omonia
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Omonia, Ronaldo and Martial start
- Manchester United’s Five Greatest European Performances
- Man Utd include Iqbal and Garnacho in 22-man squad for Omonia clash
- Four Man Utd stars miss training ahead of Omonia Nicosia clash
- Man Utd should sign Goncalo Ramos as Cristiano Ronaldo’s replacement in January
- Europa League Preview: Omonia Nicosia vs Manchester United
- Saudi PIF were offered 30% stake in Man Utd before Newcastle takeover – The Athletic