Manchester United have offered Donny van de Beek to Juventus as part of a deal to bring Weston McKennie to Old Trafford next summer.
That’s according to a report from TuttoMercatoWeb who claim that United have asked about signing McKennie.
It is suggested that Van de Beek has been mentioned as a makeweight in the deal during discussions between the two clubs.
Erik ten Hag wants to bolster his midfield ranks at Old Trafford in the summer, and the Juventus star would be a significant upgrade on the 25-year-old.
Manchester United eye Weston McKennie
TMW reckon that the Red Devils want to bring the United States international to Old Trafford in the summer transfer window.
The Old Lady reportedly value the American midfielder at around €50 million (£44m). As part of the deal, Netherlands international Van De Beek could head in the opposite direction to Turin.
McKennie was described as a ‘brilliantly bright’ midfielder by Bundesliga’s official website last year. The American is an incredibly hard-working and energetic central midfielder.
He has pace, power and athleticism in abundance and proved during the World Cup with the US just how good he is. He seems far more suited to the Premier League than the Dutchman.
The Juventus star, 24, will almost certainly be moved on by the Italian giants at the end of the season.
Juve are in a whole world of trouble right now after their recent point deduction put them 12 points adrift of the Champions League places in Serie A.
Man United should easily be able to capitalise on that by signing McKennie, and in the process get rid of someone who has failed to establish himself at Old Trafford.
It seems like a win-win situation for United.
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out