Manchester United could be set for a bidding war with Bayern Munich in the race to sign Inter Milan star Denzel Dumfries in the January transfer window.
That’s according to a report from FC Inter 1908 who claim that Man United may have to pay €60 million (£53m) to get a deal done for the 26-year-old.
However, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur also want the Netherlands international which will make Erik ten Hag’s task of signing Dumfries that little bit more difficult.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka faces an uncertain future at United, and it is vital for Ten Hag to bring in more quality competition for Diogo Dalot. And it seems as though the United boss has one man in mind.
Manchester United eyeing Denzel Dumfries swoop
The Red Devils face strong competition from Bayern for the defender. If United win the race for his signature, he’d be a superb addition to Ten Hag’s ranks at Old Trafford.
Described as an explosive right-back by the Chronicle, Dumfries would be a big upgrade on Wan-Bissaka in our book. The Dutchman is a top-class right-back and we think he’d be an excellent addition to Ten Hag’s ranks at Old Trafford.
In 33 Serie A appearances for Inter last season, Dumfries bagged five goals and four assists. During those outings, he averaged one tackle per game. He is elite in our view.
Dumfries is an all-action defender with energy, stamina and athleticism in abundance. He has been described as a ‘real powerhouse’ by the Northern Scot.
The Inter star produced the goods on the world stage for Holland in Qatar this winter. His performances for his country undoubtedly would have driven up his price.
€60m (£53m) is an awful lot of money for United to pay for Dumfries, but he could be worth it in the long run.
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out