Manchester United could now sign Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz for an absolute bargain fee in the summer transfer window.
That’s according to a report from Area Napoli who claim that Napoli could cash in on the 26-year-old United target for just €25 million (£21m).
That’s £17m less than Calcio Mercato claimed Napoli were demanding from United for the 15-capped Spain international.
Erik ten Hag desperately needs to bolster his central midfield ranks at Old Trafford before the transfer window slams shut, especially after Paul Pogba left on a free. Frenkie de Jong (The Express) and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Calcio Mercato) appear to be the United manager’s two priority targets.
Both of those deals are obviously proving to be problematic for United, however. And ten Hag has the chance to bring in a top-class player for a fraction of what it would take to sign either de Jong or Milinkovic-Savic.
Manchester United could secure bargain Fabian Ruiz deal
The Spaniard is up for grabs for just £21m this summer according to the Italian press.
Ruiz has been compared to Spain and Barcelona legend Xavi by The Coaches Voice. Whilst he might not be at the same level as Xavi, he certainly possesses similar traits.
He can operate in an orthodox central midfield role or the deep-lying position. He can even play further forward in a more attacking role.
Last season, Ruiz bagged seven goals and five assists in 38 games for Napoli. He is an intelligent footballer and a very good passer of the ball with exceptional technique and impressive vision.
In 32 Serie A appearances for Napoli last season, the Spaniard made 67.9 passes per match and recorded a hugely impressive completion rate of 90.5%. He would be a strong addition to ten Hag’s ranks at Old Trafford.
The comparisons with Xavi come from the way in which he waits until the last possible moment before releasing his passes.
We think for £21m, Ruiz would be a very good signing for United.
Stats via Who Scored and Transfermarkt.
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow as Joshua Zirkzee wants to stay in Serie A
- Man Utd set to battle it out with Tottenham to land Bayer Leverkusen star Odion Kossounou
- Jeremie Frimpong is the most serious target for Man Utd, impressed by his performances
- Ratcliffe outlines three-year plan to knock Man City and Liverpool off their perch
- Manchester United left-back Luke Shaw set to miss the rest of the season
- Is Ashford’s United Arrival Now Simply A Matter Of Time?
- Wayne Rooney identifies Manchester United’s biggest issue right now
- Manchester United invite Gary Neville to help regenerate Old Trafford and surrounding area
- Manchester United’s FA Cup chances – can Hojlund fire the Red Devils to a trophy this season?
- Jadon Sancho struggles in Dortmund’s Champions League draw against PSV