Manchester United could now sign Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz for an absolute bargain fee in the summer transfer window.
That’s according to a report from Area Napoli who claim that Napoli could cash in on the 26-year-old United target for just €25 million (£21m).
That’s £17m less than Calcio Mercato claimed Napoli were demanding from United for the 15-capped Spain international.
Erik ten Hag desperately needs to bolster his central midfield ranks at Old Trafford before the transfer window slams shut, especially after Paul Pogba left on a free. Frenkie de Jong (The Express) and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Calcio Mercato) appear to be the United manager’s two priority targets.
Both of those deals are obviously proving to be problematic for United, however. And ten Hag has the chance to bring in a top-class player for a fraction of what it would take to sign either de Jong or Milinkovic-Savic.
Manchester United could secure bargain Fabian Ruiz deal
The Spaniard is up for grabs for just £21m this summer according to the Italian press.
Ruiz has been compared to Spain and Barcelona legend Xavi by The Coaches Voice. Whilst he might not be at the same level as Xavi, he certainly possesses similar traits.
He can operate in an orthodox central midfield role or the deep-lying position. He can even play further forward in a more attacking role.
Last season, Ruiz bagged seven goals and five assists in 38 games for Napoli. He is an intelligent footballer and a very good passer of the ball with exceptional technique and impressive vision.
In 32 Serie A appearances for Napoli last season, the Spaniard made 67.9 passes per match and recorded a hugely impressive completion rate of 90.5%. He would be a strong addition to ten Hag’s ranks at Old Trafford.
The comparisons with Xavi come from the way in which he waits until the last possible moment before releasing his passes.
We think for £21m, Ruiz would be a very good signing for United.
Stats via Who Scored and Transfermarkt.
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner
- Gary Neville says Marcus Rashford should be a guaranteed starter for England vs Senegal
- Man Utd handed blow with Benfica set to hand new contract to Goncalo Ramos
- Cristiano Ronaldo closing in on January move to Al Nassr
- Manchester United’s December 2022 Preview: Schedule & Predictions
- Man Utd need to pay €50m up front to sign Cody Gakpo – Fabrizio Romano