Manchester United could now sign Napoli midfielder Fabian Ruiz for an absolute bargain fee in the summer transfer window.
That’s according to a report from Area Napoli who claim that Napoli could cash in on the 26-year-old United target for just €25 million (£21m).
That’s £17m less than Calcio Mercato claimed Napoli were demanding from United for the 15-capped Spain international.
Erik ten Hag desperately needs to bolster his central midfield ranks at Old Trafford before the transfer window slams shut, especially after Paul Pogba left on a free. Frenkie de Jong (The Express) and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Calcio Mercato) appear to be the United manager’s two priority targets.
Both of those deals are obviously proving to be problematic for United, however. And ten Hag has the chance to bring in a top-class player for a fraction of what it would take to sign either de Jong or Milinkovic-Savic.
Manchester United could secure bargain Fabian Ruiz deal
The Spaniard is up for grabs for just £21m this summer according to the Italian press.
Ruiz has been compared to Spain and Barcelona legend Xavi by The Coaches Voice. Whilst he might not be at the same level as Xavi, he certainly possesses similar traits.
He can operate in an orthodox central midfield role or the deep-lying position. He can even play further forward in a more attacking role.
Last season, Ruiz bagged seven goals and five assists in 38 games for Napoli. He is an intelligent footballer and a very good passer of the ball with exceptional technique and impressive vision.
In 32 Serie A appearances for Napoli last season, the Spaniard made 67.9 passes per match and recorded a hugely impressive completion rate of 90.5%. He would be a strong addition to ten Hag’s ranks at Old Trafford.
The comparisons with Xavi come from the way in which he waits until the last possible moment before releasing his passes.
We think for £21m, Ruiz would be a very good signing for United.
Read also…Manchester United are reportedly playing a dangerous £42 million game.
Stats via Who Scored and Transfermarkt.
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season
- Tottenham Hotspur will resist Harry Kane sale to Man Utd this summer
- Three midfielders Manchester United could sign from the relegated Premier League clubs this summer