Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are set to go head-to-head for Torino striker Andrea Belotti in the summer transfer window, per Tuttosport.
Belotti has the reputation of being one of the most lethal goalscorers in Europe’s top-five divisions.
Since joining Torino from Palermo in 2015, the Italian forward has tallied 104 goals and 25 assists in 224 appearances for the club.
As expected, he has been the beating heart of Davide Nicola’s side this season, leading the line with 12 goals in 27 Serie A outings.
For years, the 27-year-old has been one of the most sought-after players in Italy, with AC Milan and Inter Milan both expressing interest in his services.
Although the Bulls have so far been able to fend off all interested parties, they may need to sell their headline performer in the summer.
Belotti is approaching the final year of his contract in Turin, which puts Torino in an awkward spot heading into the summer.
Valued at £36 million by his employers, the Italy international could finally complete his long-awaited move to a more prominent club.
In addition to Italian sides, several clubs overseas have registered an interest in the prolific striker, including United and Tottenham.
The Red Devils are in the market for a classic No 9 to spearhead the attack as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer bids to mount a challenge on the Premier League title.
The Norwegian manager sees Belotti as a potential long-term replacement for Edinson Cavani, who could leave Old Trafford at the end of the season.
Heavily linked with a move to Boca Juniors over the past couple of months, the 34-year-old has yet to provide clarity on his future.
While waiting for Cavani to made up his mind about his life in Manchester, the Red Devils are ready to pursue other attacking targets to partner Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood next year.
- Manchester United want Torino right-back Raoul Bellanova to replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the summer
- Wayne Rooney says senior Man Utd players need to get Marcus Rashford fired up
- Amad Diallo reacts to Sofyan Amrabat’s performance as Manchester United book spot in FA Cup quarter-finals
- Alan Shearer reacts to Antony’s performance vs Nottingham Forest
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini