Erik ten Hag reportedly wants to bring ‘elite’ €50 million World Cup finalist Axel Disasi to Manchester United in January.
That’s according to a report from the Daily Mail who claim that Man United face competition from Tottenham Hotspur for Disasi.
Ten Hag desperately needs to bolster his central defensive ranks at Old Trafford in the January transfer window, with Harry Maguire facing an uncertain future at the cub.
And it seems as though the Dutchman has one man in particular in mind.
Manchester United eyeing Axel Disasi swoop
The Daily Mail reckon that United could try to prise the 24-year-old defender away from Monaco in January. What a signing this one would be for the Red Devils.
Disasi is an absolute powerhouse of a centre-back, and he can also play as a right-back. The Frenchman possesses pace in abundance, has composure in possession and is incredibly strong both in the air and on the ground in the tackle.
In 15 Ligue 1 games for Monaco this season, Disasi has racked up one goal and three assists. During those outings he has averaged 1.3 tackles, 2.2 interceptions, three clearances and 2.3 successful aerial duels per game.
The France international is a very solid passer of the football as well. He has made 48.3 passes on average per match and has recorded an average completion rate of 82.5% this term.
If United manage to sign Disasi for that kind of money, it would be a great deal for the club.
Stats via WhoScored.
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out