Erik ten Hag has made a direct request to the Manchester United board to sign talented Ajax winger Antony this summer.
That’s according to a report from Goal Brazil who claim that Ten Hag is desperate to bring the Brazilian star to Old Trafford.
However, United are not in a rush to get a deal done for Antony, and will reportedly wait until the final few days of the transfer window before making their move to sign him.
The Red Devils have already had a £50 million bid rejected for the Ajax attacker and will have to go up to around £67m to strike a deal (Goal Brazil).
Ten Hag desperately needs to bolster his attacking ranks at Old Trafford and fast. Jadon Sancho and Marcus Rashford continue to misfire whilst Anthony Martial is still out injured.
Meanwhile, Cristian Ronaldo faces an uncertain future at United. It seems as though Ten Hag has a plan up his sleeve to inject some real quality, creativity and pace into his side.
Ten Hag demands Antony to Manchester United board
The United manager has made a direct request to the powers that be at Old Trafford to bring the South American winger to Old Trafford. And what an unbelievable signing he would be for the Red Devils.
We think that Antony would be a truly stunning addition for United this summer. He has been described as a ‘real deal young Ronaldo’ by Eurosport.
He bagged 12 goals and 10 assists in 33 games for Ajax last season. The previous campaign he chalked up 10 goals and 10 assists in 46 games. Those are impressive numbers for someone so young.
He can play on either wing, is exceptionally fast and possesses incredible technique. Antony’s play is quintessentially Brazilian – he plays with an abundance of flair and always tries to excite the crowd.
Antony possesses everything that Ten Hag is desperately lacking amongst his ranks at United at the moment.
Rashford and Sancho are just not producing the goods on a consistent enough basis. There are clearly big problems at Old Trafford and Ten Hag has a tough task to turn things around.
Signing Antony would be a turning point
We believe that signing Antony would have a major impact on United’s fortunes though. Sure, the Eredivisie is a far inferior standard to the Premier League, but this player has something very special about him.
He has proven over a period of time that he has truly exceptional talent. With his speed and direct playing style, he should have no problem adjusting to the ferociously paced Premier League.
If United could pick him up for around £55-60m this summer, we think it would be a great deal for Ten Hag and the club in general.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- ‘A complete and very intelligent player’: Man Utd target backed to shine in the Premier League
- Hannibal Mejbri could become a regular starter under Erik ten Hag after ‘excellent’ display
- Jonny Evans delivers fantastic performance in 200th appearance for Man Utd
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Mejbri starts
- ‘Very happy with him’: Erik ten Hag praises Sergio Reguilon ahead of Burnley clash
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount is an option on the right wing vs Burnley
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Burnley, Varane returns in three changes
- Erik ten Hag on Jadon Sancho’s Man Utd future
- Romero says Man Utd star thought he was God on earth, was like that 24 hours a day
- Erik ten Hag hints four Man Utd stars could return vs Burnley