Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag absolutely loves Benfica striker Goncalo Ramos, and wants to bring him to Old Trafford in the summer.
That’s according to a report from O Jogo, who claim that Paris Saint-Germain and Newcastle United are also chasing the talented 22-year-old’s signature,
Ramos has been described as a powerful striker by Portugoal, and it’s clear he is the type of forward Ten Hag wants to spearhead his attack at United next season and beyond.
Manchester United eyeing summer Goncalo Ramos swoop
There could be a summer bidding war for the Portugal international, with Benfica demanding in excess of £100 million for the exceptional young forward (O Jogo).
The Benfica starlet is a real talent, and it’s little wonder why Man United, PSG and Newcastle want to sign him so badly.
Ramos bagged seven goals and two assists in 29 league games for Benfica last season. He played just 1,607 minutes during those appearances – an average of 55 minutes per game. This season he has netted 11 goals and four assists in 14 league games.
He absolutely lit up the World Cup with Portugal, scoring a memorable hat-trick against Switzerland in the last-16 clash in Qatar. He is an incredibly exciting young talent. Sports Illustrated labelled him as ‘unplayable’ in the summer.
If United sign Ramos in the summer, it will be a hugely exciting piece of business for the club. Whether the owners, current or new, will shell out so much cash for the elite striker will be intriguing to watch.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- ‘He did magnificent’: Erik ten Hag praises Rasmus Hojlund’s impact in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag must start Aaron Wan-Bissaka to stop Man United’s old nemesis Wilfried Zaha
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Galatasaray, Hojlund returns
- ‘If they are good enough, they are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Manchester United’s route to finishing in the top four
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause