RB Salzburg striker Benjamin Sesko is aware that Manchester United have made an enquiry about signing him this summer.
That’s according to a report from AS (print edition August 6, page 21) who claim that the 19-year-old forward is a man in demand this summer.
Somewhat worryingly for United though, it is claimed that Paris Saint-Germain have now joined the race for Sesko’s signature.
United boss Erik ten Hag will be desperate to bolster his attacking ranks at Old Trafford before the summer transfer window slams shut. Cristiano Ronaldo’s future remains up in the air whilst Anthony Martial is currently out injured.
And with time ticking away, the Dutchman had better act fast. One player United have been consistently linked with of late is Seski (Fabrizio Romano). It seems as though there could be plenty of competition for his signature though.
Manchester United Benjamin Sesko chase heats up
United could now face competition from PSG for the 19-year-old’s signature this summer. That is an obvious blow for the Red Devils.
The owners just need to get their act in gear, and fast. Missing out on Sesko to the French giants would be totally unacceptable.
Sesko knows United want to sign him (AS), so it’s time for the club to follow through.
The Slovenian forward would be a sensational addition for United and he would certainly be a better fit for Ten Hag’s system and playing style than Ronaldo.
The teenager has been described as an ‘unreal’ striker by Sportskeeda. He has also been labelled as a ‘supernatural talent’ by SPORTbible and ‘dazzling’ by the Express. They’re not wrong – he really is a sensational young player.
Sesko stands at 6ft 4in tall, is incredibly strong in the air, has impressive technical ability and is very quick along the ground. The young Slovenian has bagged 43 goals and 15 assists in 95 career games to date. Not bad for a 19-year-old!
Signing Sesko a must
The teenager’s infectious energy, stamina, determination and drive would add so much to Ten Hag’s ranks at Old Trafford.
If United sign Sesko, it may well end up being the deciding factor in the race for the top four this season. He’s available for around €60 million (£50m) according to Sport Klub, which is actually good value in this day and age.
The young Salzburg ace has the ability and potential to go on and become one of the world’s best strikers. And perhaps he will be given the platform to do just that at Old Trafford.
However, PSG’s reported interest in signing the young Slovenian will undoubtedly be an unwelcome inconvenience for United.
Read also: Manchester United have reportedly been handed a huge Frenkie de Jong boost.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season
- Tottenham Hotspur will resist Harry Kane sale to Man Utd this summer
- Three midfielders Manchester United could sign from the relegated Premier League clubs this summer