RB Salzburg striker Benjamin Sesko is aware that Manchester United have made an enquiry about signing him this summer.
That’s according to a report from AS (print edition August 6, page 21) who claim that the 19-year-old forward is a man in demand this summer.
Somewhat worryingly for United though, it is claimed that Paris Saint-Germain have now joined the race for Sesko’s signature.
United boss Erik ten Hag will be desperate to bolster his attacking ranks at Old Trafford before the summer transfer window slams shut. Cristiano Ronaldo’s future remains up in the air whilst Anthony Martial is currently out injured.
And with time ticking away, the Dutchman had better act fast. One player United have been consistently linked with of late is Seski (Fabrizio Romano). It seems as though there could be plenty of competition for his signature though.
Manchester United Benjamin Sesko chase heats up
United could now face competition from PSG for the 19-year-old’s signature this summer. That is an obvious blow for the Red Devils.
The owners just need to get their act in gear, and fast. Missing out on Sesko to the French giants would be totally unacceptable.
Sesko knows United want to sign him (AS), so it’s time for the club to follow through.
The Slovenian forward would be a sensational addition for United and he would certainly be a better fit for Ten Hag’s system and playing style than Ronaldo.
The teenager has been described as an ‘unreal’ striker by Sportskeeda. He has also been labelled as a ‘supernatural talent’ by SPORTbible and ‘dazzling’ by the Express. They’re not wrong – he really is a sensational young player.
Sesko stands at 6ft 4in tall, is incredibly strong in the air, has impressive technical ability and is very quick along the ground. The young Slovenian has bagged 43 goals and 15 assists in 95 career games to date. Not bad for a 19-year-old!
Signing Sesko a must
The teenager’s infectious energy, stamina, determination and drive would add so much to Ten Hag’s ranks at Old Trafford.
If United sign Sesko, it may well end up being the deciding factor in the race for the top four this season. He’s available for around €60 million (£50m) according to Sport Klub, which is actually good value in this day and age.
The young Salzburg ace has the ability and potential to go on and become one of the world’s best strikers. And perhaps he will be given the platform to do just that at Old Trafford.
However, PSG’s reported interest in signing the young Slovenian will undoubtedly be an unwelcome inconvenience for United.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner
- Gary Neville says Marcus Rashford should be a guaranteed starter for England vs Senegal
- Man Utd handed blow with Benfica set to hand new contract to Goncalo Ramos
- Cristiano Ronaldo closing in on January move to Al Nassr
- Manchester United’s December 2022 Preview: Schedule & Predictions
- Man Utd need to pay €50m up front to sign Cody Gakpo – Fabrizio Romano