Manchester United have reportedly been told to pay £50 million to sign Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic this summer.
That’s according to a report from Libero (print edition August 2nd, pages 30 and 31) who claim that United can now sign the 34-capped Serbia international for a reduced fee.
The Sun recently claimed that United would need to pay around £60m for the 27-year-old. That seemed a tad excessive at the time, but £50m would be far more reasonable.
Central midfield is an area at Old Trafford where Erik ten Hag desperately needs to bolster this summer, especially after Paul Pogba left Manchester United on a free transfer last month.
And it seems as though United will now be able to bring in a truly top-class replacement for the French World Cup winner.
Manchester United told Milinkovic-Savic fee
Libero report that United will now have to stump up only £50m for the Serb. That’s very good value as far as we’re concerned.
The 27-year-old would add so much to ten Hag’s central midfield department at Old Trafford. He is incredibly powerful and possesses the kind of physique needed to succeed in the Premier League
The Lazio ace is one of the very best midfielders in the world. Milinkovic-Savic is a central midfielder who usually operates slight deeper.
He would be a superb replacement for the recently departed Paul Pogba, that’s for sure.
Milinkovic-Savic bagged a hugely impressive 11 goals and 11 assists in 37 Serie A games last season. He won 2.8 aerial duels per match and averaged 1.8 tackles and 1.1 clearances per match.
During those 37 appearances, the 34-capped Serbia international made an average of 62.2 passes per match and recorded a completion rate of 81.4%.
Milinkovic-Savic is tremendously experienced and would add so much quality to ten Hag’s engine room at United. The midfielder is big and powerful and possesses impressive energy and stamina.
Gazzetta dello Sport claim the Serb will demand around £120k-per-week to move to Old Trafford. That seems very reasonable for a player with his quality.
And if United manage to sign Milinkovic-Savic for £50m this summer, we think that will be a good deal for the club.
Stats via WhoScored.
- Opinion: Glazers’ £17 million Adrien Rabiot transfer disaster-class highlights everything wrong at Manchester United
- Manchester United offered a chance to sign Alvaro Morata
- Manchester United pull out of Marko Arnautovic deal
- Man Utd register interest in Cody Gakpo, player keen on transfer
- Wes Brown impressed by Lisandro Martínez’s Manchester United debut
- Rio Ferdinand urges Man Utd to re-sign Danny Welbeck as back-up striker
- Manchester United now have great chance to sign ‘incredible’ Dan-Axel Zagadou for absolutely nothing
- Man Utd can sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic for £50m this summer
- Manchester United handed another transfer blow as Benjamin Sesko’s future is decided
- Man Utd identify Guido Rodriguez as alternative to Adrien Rabiot