Club Brugge are taking an interest in young Manchester United winger Facundo Pellistri, according to a report from Belgian outlet HLN.
The article implies that Pellistri is one of a handful of wingers the Belgian side are looking at as a replacement for Senegal winger Krépin Diatta who has recently joined AS Monaco.
The Uruguayan arrived at Old Trafford in the summer transfer window from Peñarol in his homeland and has struggled to make an impact so far in Manchester, although manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been full of praise for the 19-year-old.
United have had the opportunity to watch him closely in training and with Solskjaer deciding that the player needed regular minutes on the pitch, it’s likely that he will be sent out on loan this week.
The Belgian’s side interest to take Pellistri on loan should prove to be an exciting proposition for Solksjaer as a move to Brugge could prove to be an extremely beneficial one for all parties involved.
The report also suggests that Spanish side Alaves are showing interest in Pellistri, but Club Brugge may have the edge due to their Europa League status, which would surely be a big attraction for the young winger and United.
Any move for the young winger will have to be wrapped up within the next few days before the January window slams shut and, with two propositions on the table, United must choose wisely on where to loan out Pellistri.
Whether it’s Alaves (a better league) or Brugge (more minutes on the pitch) – that’s going to be Solskjaer’s call.
From our perspective, the more time he gets on the pitch, the more likely he is going to be playing for United next season.
- Crystal Palace in direct talks with Man Utd for Donny van de Beek
- Roma join AC Milan in race to sign Eric Bailly
- Man Utd agree to loan Anthony Martial to Sevilla
- Man Utd favourites to sign Boubacar Kamara
- AC Milan still interested in Man Utd defender Eric Bailly
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Porto winger Luis Diaz
- Man Utd shortlist four candidates to become their next manager
- Juventus and Sevilla exploring Anthony Martial loan deal
- Anthony Martial plays key role in Man Utd’s late win vs West Ham
- Ralf Rangnick reacts to Marcus Rashford’s dramatic winner against West Ham