Jesse Lingard is quickly establishing himself as one of the best loan signings in recent memory.
The 28-year old player has scored nine goals and assisted four times in 10 outings for West Ham United.
A report from Football Insider claims that “Villa will join the race for Jesse Lingard if given encouragement Manchester United are open to selling him when his sensational West Ham loan ends”.
Lingard’s loan deal does not include any clause which will allow the Hammers to make his move permanent.
The England international has to go back to Manchester and see if the club allows him to leave.
The Red Devils also have a big decision to make as Lingard’s contract with United is due to expire in the summer of 2022.
They either have to offer him a new contract or cash in on him in the upcoming window.
The report from Football Insider also states that “he is highly regarded by the club’s coaches and seen as a ‘Villa-type player’ who could make a big impact in Dean Smith’s side.”
Villa are having a fantastic season in the Premier League. They are 11th in the table but still have two games in hand. If they win both those games, they would jump up to seventh.
Dean Smith likes to deploy his team in a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Lingard can play in any of the three positions behind the striker and help Villa reduce their reliance on Jack Grealish next season.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations