Released Manchester United player Arnau Puigmal has confirmed that he has penned a deal with Spanish side Almeria.
The 20-year-old, released by the Red Devils on June 30, has signed a contract with the Segunda Division side that will keep him at the Mediterranean Games Stadium until 2026.
The talented midfielder enjoyed an impressive 2020-21 season, notching seven goals and three assists in 12 appearances for United’s under-23s.
A report from Sport last year linked him with a move to Barcelona, with the newspaper calling him an ‘outstanding talent.’
However, there wasn’t any concrete effort made by the Catalans, and no subsequent move took place.
Puigmal is a highly talented footballer who joined the Red Devils in July 2017.
He has proven his ability at youth level but didn’t make a first-team appearance.
This is the problem of joining a big club like Manchester United.
Opportunities are always scarce, and a player must be exceptional to be promoted to the first team.
Joining Almeria looks like a good move for the 20-year-old. He can now get some football action, and there is a good chance that the Spanish side will be promoted to the top-flight at the end of the 2021-22 season.
Rojiblancos finished fourth in the table last season, missing out on promotion after Girona defeated them in the play-offs.
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow with Fabian Ruiz set to join PSG
- Man Utd make opening bid for Marko Arnautovic
- Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: Three talking points as Erik ten Hag suffers defeat in Premier League debut
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Harry Maguire insists that players will fight for the badge
- Erik ten Hag identifies Fabian Ruiz as the perfect Frenkie de Jong alternative for Manchester United
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Brighton – Three debutants, Ronaldo starts
- Opinion: Manchester United should forget Frenkie de Jong and sign these two unbelievable players for price of one
- Report: ‘Dazzling’ Benjamin Sesko knows Manchester United want him but PSG blow is last thing Erik ten Hag needs
- Erik ten Hag wants Cody Gakpo at Manchester United