Saha showed what we’ve been missing all along this season. A target man. His introduction made so much of a difference. Makes one realize how important he was to our blazing start last season. A headed goal was something we were never likely to have got prior to this game. Speaks a lot about our season from now on, as we rely on an injury prone striker.
The game was scrappy, with plenty of possession but the ball given away numerous times. Evra however was immense, as he was in the first half. His tackling has also improved greatly. My man of the match by a mile. Hargreaves was also good, doing the tidying up job pretty well. Great buy indeed.
That’s it for now from me. Detailed match report later.
United have been bossing possession, but have been clueless as far as making use of it. Familiar story, isn’t it? Eagles, Tevez, Anderson and Nani are our attacking quartet. Scholes and Hargreaves are in our midfield. Saha was on the bench. Nothing remotely threatening has come throughout the half, despite some 7 odd shots from outside the box.
Oh did I mention, Patrice Evra has been immense. Most of our promising build-ups have been from the left channel.
Sad story really. Pray lads, pray for your life that Saha has a blinder.
Half Time Substitution: Saha replaces a very quiet Anderson. Come on Louis!
Watch this space for updates. Hopefully I should bring you some! Won’t promise you though, if I get carried away by the game. Feel free to discuss away.
- Opinion: Glazers’ £17 million Adrien Rabiot transfer disaster-class highlights everything wrong at Manchester United
- Manchester United offered a chance to sign Alvaro Morata
- Manchester United pull out of Marko Arnautovic deal
- Man Utd register interest in Cody Gakpo, player keen on transfer
- Wes Brown impressed by Lisandro Martínez’s Manchester United debut
- Rio Ferdinand urges Man Utd to re-sign Danny Welbeck as back-up striker
- Manchester United now have great chance to sign ‘incredible’ Dan-Axel Zagadou for absolutely nothing
- Man Utd can sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic for £50m this summer
- Manchester United handed another transfer blow as Benjamin Sesko’s future is decided
- Man Utd identify Guido Rodriguez as alternative to Adrien Rabiot