Saha showed what we’ve been missing all along this season. A target man. His introduction made so much of a difference. Makes one realize how important he was to our blazing start last season. A headed goal was something we were never likely to have got prior to this game. Speaks a lot about our season from now on, as we rely on an injury prone striker.
The game was scrappy, with plenty of possession but the ball given away numerous times. Evra however was immense, as he was in the first half. His tackling has also improved greatly. My man of the match by a mile. Hargreaves was also good, doing the tidying up job pretty well. Great buy indeed.
That’s it for now from me. Detailed match report later.
United have been bossing possession, but have been clueless as far as making use of it. Familiar story, isn’t it? Eagles, Tevez, Anderson and Nani are our attacking quartet. Scholes and Hargreaves are in our midfield. Saha was on the bench. Nothing remotely threatening has come throughout the half, despite some 7 odd shots from outside the box.
Oh did I mention, Patrice Evra has been immense. Most of our promising build-ups have been from the left channel.
Sad story really. Pray lads, pray for your life that Saha has a blinder.
Half Time Substitution: Saha replaces a very quiet Anderson. Come on Louis!
Watch this space for updates. Hopefully I should bring you some! Won’t promise you though, if I get carried away by the game. Feel free to discuss away.
- Erik ten Hag gives advice to Garnacho and Pellistri on Manchester United opportunities
- PSV Eindhoven interested in signing Man Utd forward Anthony Elanga
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Reading, Garnacho and Pellistri start
- “I’m not Harry Potter” – Erik ten Hag outlines real reasons for Marcus Rashford’s resurgence
- Anthony Elanga and Facundo Pellistri to stay at Manchester United
- Denzel Dumfries’ agent pushing Man Utd to finalise summer transfer
- How Man Utd could sign Everton wonderkid this summer
- Man Utd can sign RB Leipzig star Dani Olmo for €70m this summer
- Manchester United vs Reading: FA Cup preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Erik ten Hag confirms fresh Man Utd concern ahead of Reading clash