Real Sociedad are eager to sign Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek in the current transfer window, according to Noticias de Gipuzkoa.
The Netherlands international has been with the Red Devils for the past three seasons, but has registered only 60 appearances. He has struggled to adapt to the Premier League.
As a result, he could be shown the exit door in the coming weeks, and Sociedad have identified him as one of their main goals as they look to strengthen their midfield.
The Champions League outfit have already received the green light from the player, but a deal remains complicated due to the transfer demands on the table from United.
La Real prefer to sign him on loan with an option to buy, but United want to cut their losses on Van de Beek. They favour a permanent deal or a loan with an obligation to buy.
Van de Beek was signed for €39 million from Ajax three years ago, but Noticias de Gipuzkoa claim that the Red Devils are willing to sell him for just over €20m this summer.
Van de Beek could leave Man Utd soon
The Dutchman underperformed during the first half of last season, and his campaign was curtailed in January after picking up a long-term knee injury against Bournemouth.
United have since bolstered their midfield with Mason Mount. The former Chelsea star should be the regular from the number eight role with Christian Eriksen providing back-up.
Hence, there is no room for Van de Beek at the moment. The 26-year-old has realised the same, but a move could ultimately depend on Sociedad reaching a deal with United.
The Red Devils are ready to offload him on a permanent basis. We believe Sociedad could eventually propose a loan move with an obligation to buy based on appearances.
Van de Beek may need to play a certain number of games for a permanent deal to be triggered.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action