Real Madrid are admirers of Manchester United right-back Diogo Dalot and are ready to pounce if he fails to sign a new deal, reports the Sun.
Barcelona are also interested in the Portugal international, and the Red Devils are wary of both interests.
They are in advanced talks with the 23-year-old over a long-term deal.
Dalot’s contract was initially set to end in the summer. However, Man United triggered a one-year extension before last Christmas.
That will not be enough for them to keep him with Madrid circling.
They have been monitoring the situation and the Red Devils have to move quickly.
Dalot has expressed his willingness to remain with the Old Trafford club in the long term.
However, nothing is guaranteed until he pens an extension.
The defender joined Man United from Porto in 2018 and initially struggled for consistency.
Dalot fell out of favour under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and spent 2020-21 on loan at AC Milan.
He has since established himself as a regular under manager Erik ten Hag, and it appears La Liga’s biggest clubs have been impressed.
Dalot has bagged a goal and claimed two assists in 30 games across all competitions.
The right-back is a position both Madrid and Barca are in dire need of strengthening.
It is clear to see why Dalot is on their radar, and the links do not appear to be the work of his agent.
He currently earns £25,000 a week and could want at least six times that to sign a new deal.
- Elliott Investment Management submits offer for Man United minority stake
- Man Utd continuing attempts to agree new contracts with De Gea and Rashford
- Man Utd and Chelsea vying to sign Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana
- With Paul Mitchell set to leave Monaco, Man Utd must beat Liverpool and sign him
- Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on his controversial Manchester United exit for the first time
- Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in Man United goalkeeper Dean Henderson could open talks for Harry Kane deal
- Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Watford left-back Harry Amass
- Man Utd star Christian Eriksen provides huge injury update on Instagram
- Behind only Arsenal, Man Utd have been fined six-figure sum for referee abuse
- Man Utd target Diogo Costa could be sold as Porto require €50m to balance their books