Real Madrid are looking to block Manchester United’s move in signing of Paul Pogba after their manager Zinedine Zidane revealed his side’s interest in Juventus midfielder.
The 23-year-old’s contract with his current employers runs down in the summer of 2019. He joined the Turin club from the Red Devils on a free contract in 2012. Since joining them, Pogba has become one of the star midfielders in the world.
Juventus star was part of France squad in the Euro 2016 in his homeland. Disappointing it was for Pogba as he saw his national side suffer a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Portugal in the final as Eder’s goal in the extra time saw Portugal beat France to win the European championship.
Pogba is currently on a holiday and is expected to join Juventus’ training session next month. He has been linked with a world-record move to Old Trafford. United are ready to break the bank and pay a fee of £100 million in landing the talented midfielder, according to the Daily Mail.
“In this moment we are still working [on a move for Pogba], and I cannot say anything more,” Zidane explained.
“Until August 31 anything can happen, but today he is not a Real Madrid player and I cannot talk about what will happen.”
“I always say how things are, but now is not the time to talk about this. A lot of clubs are interested in Pogba.”
“Real Madrid always want the best players. But we owe Juventus respect, and I can’t say anything more out of respect.”
Zidane’s latest comments could only complicate it for United as they had set their sights on making Pogba as their fourth summer signing. Jose Mourinho has already helped the Red Devils complete three signings as Eric Bailly, striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan have all moved to Old Trafford this summer.
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Man Utd starters vs West Ham United
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele tempted by Man Utd move
- Will Jesse Lingard move to Newcastle or Tottenham this transfer window?
- Man Utd cool down interest in Denis Zakaria
- Man Utd may not approve Ralf Rangnick’s wish to sign Amadou Haidara
- Juventus in direct contact with Man Utd over Anthony Martial loan deal
- Man Utd receive Martial-Dembele swap proposal from Barcelona
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Brentford
- Ralf Rangnick provides injury update on three Man Utd stars