Reading v Manchester United
Madejski Stadium, Reading
Saturday 1 December 2012
Manchester United will be looking to retain their lead at the top of the table when they go away to struggling Reading. United currently hold a one point advantage over rivals Manchester City.
Reading don’t have the best record at home this season but the fact they have only lost one match shows they are difficult to beat. They have a single win and four draws to go with this result and they have only conceded ten goals which is the same home defensive record as Spurs.
Reading have only scored nine goals which suggests United should be confident of a narrow win, 1-0 is 15/2 with William Hill. For more winning bets, like this page on SoccerNews with football betting tips & reviews.
Injuries and Suspensions
Goalkeeper Alex McCarthy remains out for Reading with a shoulder injury. The side are also missing Jimmy Kebe who has a groin problem and may return in the next game. Danny Guthrie could face a late fitness test on a thigh problem but Jem Karacan will miss the match with a knee injury.
Manchester United Preview
United have lost two matches on the road but their record of 14 goals scored has helped to secure five wins. This tally is higher than any other team in the league. The defence is a slight concern with nine conceded away from home but the clean sheet against West Ham will create confidence.
Injuries and Suspensions
Shinji Kagawa and Nemanja Vidic will both definitely miss the match with long term problems. Nani is unlikely to play owing to a hamstring injury and Antonio Valencia is touch and go ahead of the match with a hip problem.
Reading v Manchester United Statistics
Reading have conceded 23 goals from all of their matches which is one of the worst defensive tallies in the league. United have scored 33 goals both home and away which is the best attacking record in the division suggesting Reading could struggle.
Head to Head: The sides have met nine times at Reading with United winning five matches and four ending in draws. United won 2-0 in the last fixture during the 2007/2008 season.
Reading had a solid November compared to the rest of their season with a win, two draws and two defeats. United have won all of their league games in November except for the 1-0 loss away at Norwich City.
United should have more than enough fire power to win this match regardless of their injuries to key wingers. Prediction: Reading 0-2 Manchester United.
Wayne Rooney has seemed out of sorts slightly in a United shirt this season but he remains a great bet to score the first goal at 3/1 with William Hill.
- Ajax and Edson Alvarez are Man Utd’s best bet for moving on Donny van de Beek
- Man Utd identify Moussa Diaby as Anthony Martial’s heir – Report
- Manchester United: Rangers in advanced talks to sign Jack Butland on free transfer
- How Man Utd Could Line Up For the 2023/24 Premier League Season
- Man Utd ready to hand £10m pay-off to Harry Maguire ahead of possible West Ham move
- Man Utd interested in signing Dusan Vlahovic as Juventus set asking price
- Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount agrees terms with Man Utd ahead of likely transfer
- Anthony Elanga price drop shows Man Utd’s desperation to shift unwanted players
- Man Utd join Chelsea & PSG in race to sign Sporting midfielder Manuel Ugarte
- Man Utd’s midfield puzzle: Potential candidates to strengthen Erik ten Hag’s title bid