Manchester United striker Rasmus Hojlund was the stand-out performer for the club during the 4-3 Champions League defeat to Copenhagen last night.
The Red Devils had a brilliant start to the game at the Parken Stadium with Hojlund scoring in just the third minute. The Dane doubled the lead in the 28th minute with his fifth goal of the campaign.
United seemed in cruise control of the game with a 2-0 advantage, but the entire scenario changed after Marcus Rashford was unfortunately sent off by VAR.
Copenhagen got themselves level before the interval. Bruno Fernandes put United into the lead from the penalty spot after the break, but the hosts came on top.
Two late goals from the Danish champions meant that United dropped to the bottom of Group A with their third defeat in four Champions League matches.
United will be bitterly disappointed after some harsh refereeing decisions, but there was a big positive with Hojlund returning to scoring ways for the club.
The youngster has yet to net his maiden Premier League goal, but has been a revelation in the Champions League with five goals from four outings.
He scored a brace for the second time this term, but unfortunately United were on the wrong end again.
Aside from his goals, Hojlund won three duels and three fouls last night. Him and Bruno Fernandes were by far the stand-out performers over 90 minutes.
Despite the defeat, United are only one point behind second-placed Galatasaray in Group A. They face the Turkish champions on the road later this month.
The club still have their Champions League destiny in their own hands, but the game in Istanbul is a must-win in order to qualify for the round of 16 phase.
United will be in league action against Luton Town at home this weekend. Hojlund should be backed to score his maiden league goal in the club’s colours.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions