Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund will travel to the United Kingdom for his Manchester United medical tomorrow, reports The Athletic journalist David Ornstein.
A deal worth €85 million has been agreed between both clubs, with the player set to sign a five-year contract, including an option to extend the deal by another 12 months.
Atalanta knocked back a €60m bid from Man United for the Denmark international and both clubs have finally struck an agreement after an improved bid was tabled.
Hojlund skipped today’s training in anticipation of his switch, and everything has now been concluded, with the 20-year-old only a medical away from joining the Red Devils.
The Dane only joined the Serie A club last summer from Sturm Graz, ending his first season in a top European league with eight goals and two assists in 31 league games.
Hojlund also notched five goals in two games during the European Championship 2024 qualifiers in March, including a hat-trick against Finland.
Man United were impressed enough to splash the cash given Hojlund’s huge potential.
Red Devils manager Erik ten Hag has bolstered his squad with the additions of Mason Mount from Chelsea and Andre Onana from Inter Milan, and the Atalanta striker is set to become his latest summer signing.
It remains to be seen whether Man United will make further additions before the transfer window shuts, but they have done some incredible business to date.
Hojlund has been widely tipped to hit the ground running in the Premier League.
He will likely miss the next friendly games against Lens and Athletic Bilbao but should be ready for action when they face Wolverhampton Wanderers in their Premier League opener on August 14.
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns