Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund is pushing for a move to Manchester United, according to Sport Italia.
The Red Devils recently announced the arrival of midfielder Mason Mount from Chelsea, and they are currently negotiating the transfer of Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana.
United have seen a couple of bids turned down by the Nerazzurri, but the club are inching closer to an agreement. It has been reported that they could sign him in the next 72 hours.
Sport Italia have now provided an update on Hojlund through their journalist Alfredo Pedulla.
The Italian outlet claim that Hojlund is ‘pushing’ to join the Red Devils, and the club should ‘deepen’ discussions with Atalanta once the negotiation for Onana is ‘closed’.
Hojlund is Man Utd’s priority striker target
United were heavily linked with Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane earlier this summer, but cooled their interest due to the £100 million fee, and the difficulty negotiating with chairman Daniel Levy.
Hojlund is now the priority striker target for manager Erik ten Hag, and it has been reported that United are weighing up a formal bid of around £50m for the talented striker.
The young Dane joined Atalanta from Sturm Graz in late August last year. He scored 10 goals and provided four assists from 34 appearances for the Serie A outfit last term.
His statistics are not extraordinary, but the 20-year-old was not a regular starter for the Bergamo club until the beginning of 2023. He had no pre-season with the Italian side.
In our opinion, the youngster has the attributes to develop into a genuine goalscorer with consistent playing time. He needs to join United in pre-season to adapt quickly.
Hojlund has a strong physical and aerial presence, and also possesses good pace on the counter-attack. He has got into terrific scoring positions, but needs to work on his finishing.
Ten Hag could develop him into a potent goal-getter. United are planning an opening bid of £50m, but Fabrizio Romano recently claimed that Atalanta could hold out for £60m.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns