Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund is prioritising a move to Manchester United this summer despite Paris Saint-Germain contacting his representatives, according to Fabrizio Romano.
The Denmark international has been identified as United’s prime striker target this summer, and they are ‘expected’ to make a formal bid for his services in the upcoming week.
Paris Saint-Germain also hold an interest in landing the 20-year-old, but Romano says United have the upper hand, having already agreed personal terms with the young striker.
Hojlund is also looking forward to joining the Red Devils. In an exclusive interview with Berlingske last month, the Dane admitted that he is a huge fan of the club.
United ready to step up Hojlund pursuit
The Red Devils have so far signed Mason Mount and Andre Onana. The club should now focus on landing Hojlund, but a deal may not be straightforward for them.
According to Alfredo Pedulla, United should table a bid of €60 million plus rich add-ons next week, but there are claims that Atalanta value him much higher than that.
In our view, United are unlikely to pay over the odds for Hojlund. They are likely to negotiate a lower fee, just as they did for the likes of Mount and Onana this month.
Hojlund netted only nine goals in Serie A last season. He is relatively unproven at the highest level, but manager Erik ten Hag believes he is the ‘perfect profile‘ for United’s attack.
The Dutch tactician feels he can be a ‘20 goals per season‘ striker, and United’s hierarchy should support him, given his excellent transfer choices over the past 12 months.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns