Manchester United duo Rasmus Hojlund and Christian Eriksen have withdrawn from the Denmark squad and will miss their upcoming fixtures against Slovenia and Northern Ireland due to injuries, The Athletic reports.
The injuries occurred during Man United’s 1-0 victory over Luton Town on Saturday, with Victor Lindelof emerging as an unlikely hero with a 59th-minute strike.
Eriksen was the first to exit the field after 40 minutes, nursing an apparent knee injury, while Hojlund left the pitch in the second half after sustaining a hamstring issue.
The Danish duo adds to a list of sidelined players for Man United, including Casemiro, Lisandro Martinez, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia, all dealing with various injuries and illnesses.
With a busy period on the horizon, Man United manager Erik ten Hag will be keen to welcome Hojlund and Eriksen back into the fold to bolster their chances.
Hojlund is yet to open his goalscoring account in the Premier League despite being one of the most in-form players in the Champions League with five goals in four games.
His countryman Eriksen has also been a prominent member of Ten Hag’s starting line-up this season, featuring in 15 games across all competitions, contributing a goal and two assists.
While Man United will undoubtedly miss Eriksen’s expertise in the middle of the park, his absence might provide an opportunity for Mason Mount to showcase his abilities after a challenging start at Old Trafford.
The 24-year-old has struggled to live up to expectations since completing his £55 million move from Chelsea over the summer, contributing just one assist in 12 appearances across all competitions.
Man United head into a crucial run of fixtures with make-or-break Champions League games against Galatasaray and Bayern Munich on the horizon.
Saturday’s triumph over Luton means Man United are the most in-form team in the Premier League over the last five games (W4, L1), but that has done little to ease the mounting pressure on Ten Hag.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling