Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund has agreed a significant salary rise with Manchester United ahead of his potential transfer, according to Corriere della Sera.
The Denmark international is the priority striker target for the Red Devils. They have already made a verbal offer of €50 million plus €10m in add-ons to sign him.
The proposal was deemed insufficient by the Serie A outfit, but Hojlund is ‘ever closer to leaving Bergamo’ with the club on the verge of signing El Bilal Traore.
Atalanta recently agreed a club-record fee of €30m for the Almeria striker, and it is anticipated that his arrival could coincide with the departure of Hojlund to United.
The 20-year-old has already accepted a basic salary of €5 million per year with the Red Devils which is more than eight times of his current €600,000 wages.
As things stand, Atalanta are looking for €75m to sell him. Hojlund is currently in the UK, but only to represent the club in the friendly against Bournemouth.
Man Utd need to sign Hojlund as soon as possible
Manager Erik ten Hag has identified Hojlund as the ‘perfect‘ profile to lead United’s attack.
The Dane may not be an automatic starter from the off, but Ten Hag believes he can groom him into a genuine goalscorer once he adapts to the playing style.
Hojlund netted just 10 goals for Atalanta in the recent season, but the 20-year-old needed time to adapt, having joined them from Sturm Graz only in late August.
He had no pre-season under his belt with the Bergamo outfit. He could face the same situation at United, but the manager is more than happy to stay patient with him.
Hojlund has already given the green light for a transfer to Old Trafford, and the onus is now on United to find an agreement with Atalanta at the earliest possibility.
With the player in UK, United have an ideal opportunity to seal the deal. The player could make the short trip north for his medical after the Bournemouth friendly.
United may not be willing to pay €75m for the emerging star. In our opinion, a transfer could be finalised between the clubs for a package of around €70m.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns