Manchester United duo Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial have not reported to training, sparking concerns over their participation in the derby against Manchester City this weekend.
The pair have been unable to train the Red Devils this week, which suggests they have not recovered fully from their injuries.
Rashford has been sidelined since the 3-1 victory over Arsenal due to a hamstring injury.
It was expected that the English forward could use the international break to regain full fitness and return in time for the derby. However, that appears not to be the case.
Martial has been out of action for over a month with an Achilles injury. A report from the Times also suggests that the duo will miss out this weekend.
Rashford’s absence would be a huge blow as he has earned the reputation as a big game player, highlighted by his impressive performances this season.
Cristiano Ronaldo could get the nod in the starting eleven in the 24-year-old’s absence.
The Portuguese superstar has endured a turbulent season after falling down the pecking order. He also failed to make an impact with Portugal during the international break.
Jadon Sancho will have added responsibility after his goals against Liverpool, Leicester City and Sheriff Tiraspol.
Brazilian winger Antony will also be keen to make an impact against the Premier League champions.
- Chelsea attacker Christian Pulisic is destined for Man Utd move
- Liverpool join Man Utd in race to sign Cody Gakpo in January
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner
- Gary Neville says Marcus Rashford should be a guaranteed starter for England vs Senegal
- Man Utd handed blow with Benfica set to hand new contract to Goncalo Ramos
- Cristiano Ronaldo closing in on January move to Al Nassr