Manchester United centre-back Raphael Varane will leave the Old Trafford club in the summer for Serie A or the Saudi Pro League, according to the Sun.
The Frenchman, who currently earns £340,000 per week, has recently fallen down the pecking order and has been linked with an exit ahead of the January transfer window.
However, Man United manager Erik ten Hag will not allow Varane to leave as his side could need a quality option as cover.
The former Real Madrid star is the fourth-choice centre-back behind Harry Maguire, Jonny Evans and Victor Lindelof, and his days are numbered amid interest from Saudi.
The 30-year-old is also keen on moving to the Italian top-flight as he admires the league, and Man United will listen to offers in the summer, with around £17-20million likely to be enough for them to sell him.
The former France international is out of contract in 2026, and the Red Devils know they can still get a decent fee if they cash in on him at the end of the campaign.
Varane could look to force his way back into the starting XI at Man United, but it seems Ten Hag is ready to move on and could look to bring in younger options next summer given the ages of his current centre-backs.
A squad overhaul at centre-back is a must if Man United are serious about challenging for silverware, and soon-to-be co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe will be keen to oversee the necessary changes ahead of next season.
Varane is unlikely to be the only player who would be leaving in the summer, and most of them could be inadvertently playing for their future at the Theatre of Dreams in the coming months.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin