Manchester United manager Ralf Rangnick was delighted for Marcus Rashford following his dramatic late winner against West Ham United in the Premier League.
The Red Devils had a tough game against the Hammers at Old Trafford. Neither side looked like finding the back of the net until the final seconds when Rashford bagged the winner with a tap-in at the far post.
The victory has temporarily moved United into the fourth spot in the league standings. Following the game, Rangnick was full of praise for the club graduate citing that he is one of the top strikers in the country.
The German tactician was pleased with his heroics against the Hammers, and is hopeful that the 24-year-old can now find the continuity, having built his confidence by scoring in successive league games.
He said via Manchester Evening News: “He’s one of the top strikers in England. He’s an England international who regularly played in the European Championship, we know the qualities he has.”
“He has almost everything a modern striker needs. He’s got the pace, skills, he’s got the size and physicality of a striker and in the end, it’s all about confidence for strikers.
“I’m pretty sure those two goals will have raised the level of confidence with Marcus and now it’s about taking steps, it’s about continuity now. I think he can play a very important role for the rest of the season for us.”
Rashford had a tough game against Wolverhampton Wanderers earlier this month where he was poor with his decision-making on several occasions before he was substituted.
He missed out on the next game due to injury, and has since been on the bench. The decision has proved worthwhile with Rashford, having recently scored against Brentford and West Ham.
Yesterday’s winner was pretty straightforward, but he was in the right spot at the right time to seal three vital points for the club. Hopefully, he can carry forward the momentum after the break.
United’s next competitive game will be against Middlesbrough in the FA Cup fourth round on February 4. Rashford should be a leading contender to start on the back of impressive cameo displays.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- 3 possible Frenkie de Jong alternatives Man Utd should pursue
- Man Utd have strongest interest in signing Frenkie de Jong
- Man Utd identify two goalkeepers to replace Dean Henderson
- Man Utd make initial contact for RB Leipzig star Nordi Mukiele
- Man Utd to face Atletico Madrid in fifth pre-season friendly
- Man Utd could make official bid for Christopher Nkunku next week
- Man Utd best placed to sign Pau Torres
- Man Utd target Tyrell Malacia impresses against Roma in UECL final
- Man Utd studying right offer for Alessandro Bastoni
- Should Man Utd move for Chelsea target Josko Gvardiol?