According to The Mirror, Manchester United could be handed a potential takeover blow with Qatar now focusing on the purchase of Spanish second tier club Malaga.
Qatar Sports Investments (QSI) are currently planning to increase their investment into Paris Saint-Germain but they are also hopeful of using a different fund to land Manchester United.
Qatar Islamic Bank chairman (QIB) Sheikh Jassim has already made a couple of bids to buy the club but the Glazers are yet to be convinced. A third round of bidding is expected this month.
Amidst this, it is reported that the Qataris have turned their attention to Malaga. This could have a direct impact on United, particularly with the prolonged nature of the bidding process.
Malaga purchase unlikely to hamper Man Utd bidding
Earlier last month, Duncan Castles revealed that the Qataris are planning to form a powerful multi-club European network involving United, Paris Saint-Germain, Braga as well as Malaga.
Hence, it has been known for some time that they are interested in Malaga. In our opinion, the story has been presented to create bad press for Qatar amid their ongoing talks with United.
The UK government were quite happy with Saudi’s investment into Newcastle United as they could build their relationship with the Gulf nation but there has been a different outlook towards Qatar.
A fine paid by QIB to the Bank of England back in 2016 was recently highlighted by UK officials which clearly suggests that there is some opposition towards their takeover of United.
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m