Eredivisie giants PSV Eindhoven have proposed to sign Manchester United winger Facundo Pellistri on loan during the ongoing transfer window, according to Fabrizio Romano.
The Uruguay international made his debut for the Red Devils in January last year, but he has yet to become an integral part of the first-team plans under manager Erik ten Hag.
The 22-year-old played only eight minutes of regulation time in yesterday’s FA Cup third round win over Wigan Athletic and he could be on the move in the next few days.
Romano has revealed that high-flying PSV have approached United to sign Pellistri on loan. They could face competition from Major League Soccer outfit Los Angeles Galaxy.
Galaxy are exploring a permanent deal for the talented winger. The final decision will rest on Pellistri.
Pellistri should choose PSV instead of LA Galaxy
PSV have had a sensational season in the Dutch Eredivisie. They have won each of their 16 games in the division and are 10 points ahead of current title holders Feyenoord.
The Eindhoven giants have also progressed to the round of 16 stage of the Champions League where they should fancy their chances against Borussia Dortmund.
Pellistri, who is a right winger by trade, is unlikely to displace Johan Bakayoko from the position, but he should have the chance to contribute off the substitutes’ bench.
In our view, this would be a better choice at the current phase of his career. A permanent move to Major League Soccer would be a downgrade in his development phase.
Pellistri has struggled for regular minutes at club level, but remains an undisputed starter for his country. A good loan stint at PSV could pave the way for a permanent deal.
With Bakayoko touted to leave PSV in the summer, Pellistri could get the opportunity to establish himself as the main figure on the right side of the attack for Peter Bosz’s side.
There could be a part-exchange deal too if United are keen on landing Bakayoko.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow