Manchester United’s opponents in the Champions League group stage, Paris Saint Germain are left with a handful of options after their squad was trimmed and many players were sidelined.
Earlier this week, Thomas Tuchel claimed:
“Maybe we will only have 11, 12 or 13 players available.”
Thilo Kehrer, Mauro Icardi, Marquinhos and Julian Bernat are injured. Portuguese international Danilo Periera was in contact with Cristiano Ronaldo during international duty – with Ronaldo testing COVID-19 positive, Pereira will be monitored before getting involved. Marco Verratti picked up an injury with Italy too.
There’s a breath of fresh air by the Parisians as Tuchel confirms that Neymar is fit to play against Man United.
Even with Neymar by their side, PSG till look shaky.
This sets a brilliant opportunity for the Red Devils. The likes of Verratti, Icardi, Marquinhos, Kehrer, and Bernat are the building blocks of a PSG side. Especially with Marquinhos, Bernat and Kehrer out, their defense looks extremely vulnerable.
There’s no excuse for United to not win this one.
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd goalkeeper Tom Heaton confirms he is out for a few weeks with an ankle injury
- Man Utd could lose Alejandro Garnacho to international duty in late May
- Bruno Fernandes wins Manchester United’s Player of the Month award for March
- Changes made to Owners’ and Directors’ Test could affect Man United takeover