Paris Saint-Germain are prepared to hand a mammoth salary package to Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford as they aim to sign him on a free transfer.
The Red Devils graduate has been in superb form for United this season, registering eight goals and three assists from 19 matches across all competitions.
The 25-year-old was also impressive for England in their World Cup campaign. He managed to find the back of the net three times despite his limited game time.
Rashford is due to enter the final six months of his contract on January 1 and it is claimed that Les Parisiens are prepared to open talks over a pre-contract for next season.
The French champions are willing to make Rashford one of the highest-paid players in history on wages worth £850,000-a-week which constitutes to £44.3 million per year.
PSG won’t sign Rashford on a free transfer next summer
The Ligue 1 giants are known to be interested in Rashford and it has been confirmed by Al-Khelaifi.
However, their chances of landing him on a free transfer next summer is unlikely to happen as United currently have the option to extend his stay for another 12 months.
The extension clause is club dependent rather than on a mutual agreement with the player. Hence, United are assured of keeping Rashford for at least one more campaign.
The Red Devils don’t need to worry about PSG just yet but they must speed up negotiations with the England star with the Parisian outfit hot on the trail of his services.
Rashford has apparently turned down a £300,000-a-week proposal from United and the onus is on the board to make a renewed offer to persuade the forward to stay.
If there is no agreement by the end of the season, the club may decide to sell him for £80m. Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid could be contenders for Rashford if such a situation arises.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Wayne Rooney says senior Man Utd players need to get Marcus Rashford fired up
- Amad Diallo reacts to Sofyan Amrabat’s performance as Manchester United book spot in FA Cup quarter-finals
- Alan Shearer reacts to Antony’s performance vs Nottingham Forest
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract