Manchester United are in pole position to sign Rasmus Hojlund amid the recent interest from Paris Saint-Germain, according to Alfredo Pedulla.
The 20-year-old has been identified as United’s top striker target, and the club recently made a verbal offer of €50 million plus €10m in add-ons for him.
This was followed by another report claiming that PSG have made an official bid of €50m, but Pedulla has dismissed the story with his latest update.
He has clarified that the French champions have not placed any offer on the table for the Dane. They are currently focused on Kylian Mbappe’s future.
United are yet to make a formal proposal, but Atalanta expect €70m up front plus €5m in add-ons by Saturday.
Hojlund is currently part of the Atalanta squad that will face Bournemouth in tomorrow’s friendly.
The striker has already agreed personal terms with the Red Devils, and the club now have to finalise a transfer fee.
United could secure deal for Hojlund this weekend
The Denmark international has already given the green light to the transfer.
He is prepared to turn down a ‘big salary offer‘ from PSG in order to make the move to United.
The onus is now on United to find an agreement with Atalanta for the highly-talented forward.
Their verbal proposal of €60m has fallen short of the €75m valuation set by the Serie A outfit.
Negotiations are still ongoing and United will be hoping to reduce the fee to around €70m.
With the player travelling to England, United have the chance to finalise the formalities quickly.
If a deal is struck by the weekend, he could train with the squad as soon as they return from the United States.
This would enable him to make his non-competitive debut against RC Lens or Athletic Bilbao.
Hojlund may not be an automatic starter at the beginning of his career with the Red Devils.
Manager Erik ten Hag is planning to ease him into the proceedings during the early weeks.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action