The 2017-18 Premier League season is over and hype surrounding Manchester United and transfer rumours is sky high.
We have already confirmed the signings of Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk and FC Porto’s Diogo Dalot – the latter who was only linked to us a few weeks ago.
Numerous players continue to be linked to us and now Steaua Bucharest president Gigi Becali is claiming that we are after one of their teenage sensations.
Becali claims that we have made an enquiry to the Romanian side and that he quoted €30 million (£26.3m) to us.
The Steaua Bucharest president is quoted by Romanian outlet Sport as saying:
“Manchester United asked me about Dennis Man and I want €30m. I know that they won’t pay this amount, but the player isn’t for sale.”
Dennis Man made his debut for the Steaua Bucharest first team during the 2016-17 season before becoming a regular in the first team this past season where he scored 10 goals in 34 Romanian Liga 1 appearances.
You won’t be surprised to hear that Red Rants have not seen Dennis Man so cannot comment on his abilities! How much truth to Gigi Becali’s claims certainly remains to be seen. Unless the youngster is some superstar I cannot believe for a single second that we would offer £26.3 million for an unproven player in a small league.
- Man Utd set to appoint Chris Armas as first-team coach under Ralf Rangnick
- Tactical Analysis: Hugely encouraging signs in Ralf Rangnick’s debut against Crystal Palace
- Man Utd fans delighted with Fred’s stand-out display against Crystal Palace
- Ralf Rangnick heaps praise on Fred and Scott McTominay after Crystal Palace win
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace
- Who will Rangnick target in the transfer window?
- Man Utd fans react to Fred’s performance vs Arsenal
- Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United in wake of Arsenal win
- Manchester United vs Arsenal 3-2: Cristiano Ronaldo saves the day again
- Michael Carrick provides fresh injury update on Raphael Varane