United take on Glentoran and Dunfermline today in the last of the pre-season friendlies before the Sunday kick-off against Reading.
Four players are confirmed on the injury list – Ben Foster and Park Ji-Sung are long-term casualties while Louis Saha and Dong Fanghzhou are expected to regain fitness for the home game but most likely will be rested till the away game against Portsmouth on the 16th, especially if Tevez signs on before Sunday.
However, tonight’s friendlies have only one thing of interest to watch – the fact that the key players come out of it unscathed. All eyes are on the Sunday season-opener, with Manchester United playing the last game of the weekend (you won’t hear any excuses from Fergie about United playing after Chelsea though).
So with Reading in mind, who do you think will line up at Old Trafford on 12th August?
Here’s my pick:
Neville, Rio, Vidic, Evra
Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Carrick, Giggs
Anderson and Nani are definitely going to play a substitute role in that game, and if Tevez hasn’t signed up we’ll see Ole start (although I’d prefer Anderson playing in the hole and Rooney up front).
Let me know what you guys think.
No Heinze in the starting lineup, until this mess with him and Liverpool ends, he’s not going to get any games under Ferguson.
- The Latest Man United Transfer News & Rumours
- Napoli ace Kim Min-jae moves out of his house, expected to join Man Utd after military training
- Fabrizio Romano confirms Dean Henderson is close to Nottingham Forest transfer
- Victor Lindelof set to be offered fresh terms by Man Utd, Erik ten Hag wants to keep him
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Leon Goretzka amid Bayern’s pursuit of Declan Rice
- Man Utd step up interest in signing Atalanta sensation Rasmus Hojlund
- Glazers give green light to pursue deal for Chelsea star Mason Mount
- Man United keeping tabs on Chicago Fire midfielder Brian Gutierrez
- Jack Butland completes Rangers medical as Man United exit all but confirmed
- Kim Min-jae ready to say yes to Man Utd, €7m per year deal proposed