United take on Glentoran and Dunfermline today in the last of the pre-season friendlies before the Sunday kick-off against Reading.
Four players are confirmed on the injury list – Ben Foster and Park Ji-Sung are long-term casualties while Louis Saha and Dong Fanghzhou are expected to regain fitness for the home game but most likely will be rested till the away game against Portsmouth on the 16th, especially if Tevez signs on before Sunday.
However, tonight’s friendlies have only one thing of interest to watch – the fact that the key players come out of it unscathed. All eyes are on the Sunday season-opener, with Manchester United playing the last game of the weekend (you won’t hear any excuses from Fergie about United playing after Chelsea though).
So with Reading in mind, who do you think will line up at Old Trafford on 12th August?
Here’s my pick:
Neville, Rio, Vidic, Evra
Ronaldo, Hargreaves, Carrick, Giggs
Anderson and Nani are definitely going to play a substitute role in that game, and if Tevez hasn’t signed up we’ll see Ole start (although I’d prefer Anderson playing in the hole and Rooney up front).
Let me know what you guys think.
No Heinze in the starting lineup, until this mess with him and Liverpool ends, he’s not going to get any games under Ferguson.
- West Ham and Everton enter race to sign Man Utd target Jhon Duran
- Saudi Arabian giants make $225m offer to sign Cristiano Ronaldo
- Man Utd have to pay €60m to sign Inter Milan star Denzel Dumfries
- It’s Man Utd’s Varane vs Eriksen as France take on Denmark in an enthralling World Cup clash
- Erik ten Hag wants Man Utd to sign Cody Gakpo in January, Rafael Leao is the alternative
- Man Utd great candidates to sign Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix in January
- Harry Maguire impresses for England in World Cup stalemate against USA
- Man Utd have Jonathan David on their radar, Lille would sell him for €50m
- Four Irish Players United Could Sign Next
- Man Utd ready to step up chase for €60m-rated Cody Gakpo