Ashley Young is a target for Aston Villa, Sunderland and Southampton, according to the Daily Express. Young has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford for some time and the report suggests the three Premier League clubs are all interested in the services of the 29-year-old.
Young, who played the first three games of the season but has since failed to make an appearance, is under contract with United until 2016 but the club looks unlikely to offer Young an extension, given he’s consistently failed to deliver since arriving at Old Trafford in the summer of 2011.
The 29-year-old’s lacklustre performances mean United will be able to recoup only a fraction of the £15m they paid for Young three years ago, but Louis Van Gaal would probably accept a smaller fee if that meant getting rid of the former Villa man without losing him for free in the summer of 2016.
The clearout looks set to continue.
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season