Manchester United will be aiming to close the gap on the Premier League top four when they face Wolverhampton Wanderers on the road tonight.
The Red Devils are currently 11 points adrift of fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur and have a brilliant chance to reduce the deficit with a victory at the Molineux Stadium.
It won’t be an easy challenge against an in-form Wolves side, who have picked up 10 points in the last four games. United will need to be at their best to beat them.
Andre Onana is set to reclaim his position in goal after returning from international duty for Cameroon. He has played every minute of the club’s Premier League campaign and has returned in time for the trip to the Midlands. Altay Bayindir will drop to the bench.
Ten Hag should play his best back four. Diogo Dalot and Luke Shaw are primed to start in the right and left back roles with Raphael Varane partnering Lisandro Martinez at the heart of the backline. Harry Maguire was a consistent starter before his injury, but he could be eased back into first-team action.
Casemiro had a poor outing from the number six role against Newport County and he was guilty of losing possession on a staggering 17 occasions. He won just four out of 11 duels contested and had a passing accuracy of only 66 per cent.
We won’t be surprised if manager Erik ten Hag drops him to the bench, considering the higher intensity and pressing expected from Wolves. Kobbie Mainoo who played higher up, could return to the number six role with Scott McTominay partnering him.
Further forward, it could be the same attacking quartet. Bruno Fernandes is a nailed-on starter from the number 10 role with Rasmus Hojlund up front. The latter has been in good form with four goal contributions in his last four appearances.
Alejandro Garnacho has established himself as an assured starter and he should start on the left wing with Antony on the right flank. Marcus Rashford is available for selection after illness and a minor disciplinary issue, but Antony should get the nod after his good outing at Newport. He registered a goal and an assist in the 4-2 FA Cup fourth round win.
How Man Utd could line up vs Wolves
Stats from Sofascore.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow