Manchester United will be aiming to return to winning ways when they face Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup third round.
The Red Devils travel to the DW Stadium for tonight’s encounter and they should be clear favourites to beat the League One side.
Ahead of the game, manager Erik ten Hag should make at least one change on the back of the 2-1 defeat to Nottingham Forest away.
Andre Onana has played every minute in goal for United this campaign. He is expected to continue in goal, having received permission from Cameroon to participate in another game before reporting for African Cup of Nations duty.
In front of him, it could be the same backline from the Forest defeat. Raphael Varane looks set to partner Jonny Evans in the heart of the defence. Lisandro Martinez has just returned to training after a long-term injury and could be eased into the proceedings.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Diogo Dalot will continue in the right and left-back positions respectively. There has been no update on Luke Shaw, who has been ruled out over recent games with a minor injury. Sergio Reguilon has returned to Spurs after his loan stint.
Kobbie Mainoo has been fantastic from the number six role since his breakthrough and we anticipate him to continue in the position ahead of Casemiro, who has only recently returned from a hamstring issue. Christian Eriksen is United’s best creative player at the moment with Mason Mount on the sidelines. The Dane should partner the highly-rated graduate in midfield.
Further forward, we anticipate one change from the Forest defeat. Rasmus Hojlund is back in training after illness and should lead the attack. This should pave the way for Antony to drop to the bench after a lacklustre performance at City Ground last weekend.
Hojlund will start up front with Marcus Rashford moving to the left flank. Alejandro Garnacho should occupy the right wing with Bruno Fernandes starting in his customary number 10 position. Ten Hag will be anticipating a convincing attacking performance.
How Man Utd could line up vs Wigan Athletic
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow