Manchester United will be eyeing back-to-back Premier League wins when they host West Ham United at Old Trafford this afternoon.
United returned to winning ways in the league in midweek with a stunning 4-3 victory at Wolverhampton Wanderers. Kobbie Mainoo grabbed the headlines with his stunning stoppage time winner.
The Red Devils are currently 11 points adrift of fourth-placed Aston Villa and will be keen to pick up three points to close the deficit.
Ahead of the game, Ten Hag has confirmed that Sofyan Amrabat, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Victor Lindelof could make the squad.
Andre Onana was far from his best against Wolves on the road. He made one big error, but his blushes were saved by Lisandro Martinez’s goal-line clearance. The Cameroonian star is expected to continue in goal, having played every minute of the league campaign.
In front of him, it could be the same backline. Diogo Dalot and Luke Shaw are assured to start from the right and left-back positions respectively. Lisandro Martinez was substituted towards the end at Wolves, but it was only as a precaution, as per the manager.
The Argentine is expected to partner Raphael Varane in the heart of the defence. In midfield, Casemiro and Mainoo should remain the pairing. Mainoo showed his world-class potential with a sublime piece of individual brilliance.
Casemiro had a mixed performance, but he won more duels and tackles compared to the previous game against Newport. The Brazilian star is slowly getting back to his best after a long injury lay-off and should be backed in the number six role ahead of Scott McTominay.
Further forward, there appears no need for a change. Marcus Rashford continued his recent upturn in form with the opening goal at Wolves. Rasmus Hojlund has started to realise his big potential. He registered a goal and an assist in the late victory at the Molineux Stadium.
Bruno Fernandes is an undisputed starter from the number 10 role. Alejandro Garnacho deserves to continue on the right wing ahead of Antony, who had a difficult cameo off the bench. He was guilty of squandering possession for Wolves’ equaliser which almost cost United.
How Man Utd could line up vs West Ham
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Manchester United want Torino right-back Raoul Bellanova to replace Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the summer
- Wayne Rooney says senior Man Utd players need to get Marcus Rashford fired up
- Amad Diallo reacts to Sofyan Amrabat’s performance as Manchester United book spot in FA Cup quarter-finals
- Alan Shearer reacts to Antony’s performance vs Nottingham Forest
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini