Manchester United entertain Sevilla in the first leg of their Europa League quarter-final tie at Old Trafford this evening.
The Red Devils are missing key players such as Marcus Rashford, Luke Shaw and Scott McTominay with injuries but should still be favourites to beat the struggling La Liga outfit.
United are winless in their last three meetings against Sevilla with two defeats and will be aiming to avenge those results with a convincing performance in front of their fans.
David de Gea has been an undisputed starter for most of the campaign and he has only been rested for four League Cup games. The Spaniard is expected to start between the sticks against the Andalusian club.
Diogo Dalot could be preferred ahead of Aaron Wan-Bissaka at right-back as Erik ten Hag may want more in the final third. Tyrell Malacia looks set to start at left-back with Luke Shaw sidelined.
At the heart of the defence, Raphael Varane should return to partner Lisandro Martinez after getting a breather at the weekend. Harry Maguire is set to drop to the bench despite his solid display.
Casemiro is available for the Red Devils after his four-game domestic ban. The Brazilian is expected to start in the number six position ahead of McTominay, who has sustained a minor injury.
Bruno Fernandes has been operating from a deeper midfield role lately but he should return to his customary number 10 position with Casemiro available for selection once more.
In that case, Marcel Sabitzer should partner the Brazilian in the centre of the park. Christian Eriksen is back after his ankle injury but he may not start after just one cameo appearance.
In attack, Antony and Jadon Sancho are set to occupy the right and left wing positions respectively. Rashford has been ruled out for a few games following a groin injury.
Anthony Martial could lead the line against his former club after two substitute appearances.
The Frenchman’s injury record has been a huge concern this season. Ten Hag may not play him for more than an hour. We could see Wout Weghorst replacing him in the second half.
How Man Utd could line up vs Sevilla
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’