Manchester United will be aiming to return to winning ways when they host Nottingham Forest in the Premier League this afternoon.
The Red Devils secured a hard-fought 1-0 win over Wolverhampton Wanderers in the curtain-raiser, but they were beaten by Tottenham Hotspur on the road (2-0) on Matchday 2.
Andre Onana had a promising debut between the sticks against Wolves, but he could not do much to prevent the goals conceded at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
The Cameroonian star will be eyeing another clean sheet at Old Trafford today. Forest met United on four occasions last season, but failed to score a single goal.
In front of him, there will be an enforced change with left-back Shaw out with a muscular injury.
Tyrell Malacia is also on the sidelines with an injury picked up on international duty this summer. Hence, Diogo Dalot seems the likely candidate to start in the role.
The rest of the backline should stay the same. Aaron Wan-Bissaka looks set to continue at right-back with Raphael Varane partnering Lisandro Martinez in central defence.
Casemiro has looked short of pace in the opening two games of the season, but Ten Hag publicly came in support of him yesterday saying that the Brazilian is fully fit.
The former Real Madrid is expected to continue in the number six spot, but he will have a new partner in midfield with Mount out for the next few weeks with a hamstring issue.
Christian Eriksen appears the natural replacement for the Englishman in central midfield. The Dane has much to prove, having lost his starting spot to the summer signing.
Further forward, Bruno Fernandes is a nailed-on starter from the attacking midfield position. The new captain squandered a golden chance to put United ahead at Spurs.
He was also guilty of losing possession regularly and needs to step up against Forest.
Antony and Marcus Rashford have not been playing at their best either, but are likely to keep their places. The former should start in his customary position on the right wing.
We anticipate Alejandro Garnacho to drop to the bench so that Rashford can return to his preferred left wing role. United’s top scorer from last season has struggled leading the line.
Rasmus Hojlund is not yet fit to make the matchday squad, but Anthony Martial is back in the mix. We fancy him to lead the attack ahead of Jadon Sancho against Forest.
How Man Utd could line up vs Forest
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns