Manchester United travel to City Ground for today’s Premier League clash against Nottingham Forest.
The Red Devils have won their last two league games but were disappointing in midweek. They squandered a 2-0 lead over Sevilla in the first leg of their Europa League quarter-final.
United were two goals up after just 21 minutes on the clock but Sevilla managed a late comeback. The La Liga outfit pulled level after own goals from Tyrell Malacia and Harry Maguire.
It was a forgettable night as Raphael Varane and Lisandro Martinez also picked up injuries. Despite this, manager Erik ten Hag will be expecting a strong display against Forest.
After defeats for Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur yesterday, United have been handed an excellent opportunity to boost their Champions League qualification hopes.
David de Gea has had another fine season in goal for United. The Spaniard will be eyeing his 14th clean sheet of the campaign today to move ahead of Nick Pope in the Golden Glove race.
In defence, we anticipate three changes. Aaron Wan-Bissaka is likely to continue at right-back but Tyrell Malacia could be dropped to the bench on the back of his dreadful display in midweek.
Luke Shaw could be reinstated into his customary left-back role, provided he passes a late fitness test. Otherwise, Ten Hag could experiment with Diogo Dalot in the defensive position.
With Varane and Martinez injured, Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof are likely to start at the heart of the defence. The duo have not played together much this term and face a big test today.
Casemiro is a nailed-on starter in the number six role. We fancy Christian Eriksen to partner him in midfield.
Bruno Fernandes could slot into the left side of the attack ahead of Jadon Sancho. Marcel Sabitzer is likely to continue in the number 10 position after scoring a wonderful brace in midweek.
Antony and Anthony Martial are expected to continue in the right wing and centre-forward positions respectively. Martial delivered a terrific through ball in midweek for Sabitzer’s second goal.
The Frenchman has scored in his last two appearances against Forest and should fancy his chances again. He has to step up with Marcus Rashford sidelined for the game with a groin injury.
How Man Utd could line up vs Nottingham Forest
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag confirms Antony will be in consideration for Galatasaray clash
- Three goals in last four meetings – Man Utd must be wary of Wilfried Zaha threat on Tuesday
- Barcelona manager Xavi picks Marcus Rashford as one of the most difficult players to stop
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December