Manchester United will be aiming to return to winning ways when they host Luton Town in the Premier League this afternoon.
The Red Devils suffered a disappointing 4-3 defeat to Copenhagen in the Champions League in midweek.
They had a resounding 2-0 lead in the opening half before Marcus Rashford’s sending off changed the complexion of the game.
Manager Erik ten Hag will want a strong response against Luton. United are favourites to secure a convincing win at home.
Andre Onana has played every minute in goal for the Red Devils this term. The Cameroon international is an assured starter between the sticks.
In front of him, there will be an enforced change in the backline with Ten Hag confirming that Jonny Evans is ruled out with a muscle injury.
Raphael Varane should make his first start in a while and will partner Harry Maguire in central defence.
With Aaron Wan-Bissaka having just returned from an injury, he could be rested against the Hatters.
We anticipate Diogo Dalot at right-back with Sergio Reguilon coming in the left-back position.
The midfield could stay unchanged from midweek with Scott McTominay and Christian Eriksen starting.
Eriksen was replaced by Sofyan Amrabat at the interval but it was forced by Rashford’s sending off.
Against Luton, the manager is unlikely to go with two defensive midfielders with home advantage.
Further forward, Antony could be reinstated into the starting XI after sitting on the bench.
His entry would mean Alejandro Garnacho dropping out. Marcus Rashford should move to the left wing to accommodate Antony on the right side of the Red Devils’ attack.
Rasmus Hojlund is obviously a nailed-on starter up front with Bruno Fernandes behind him in the number 10 role. Hojlund has a fantastic opportunity to score his maiden Premier League goal.
The Dane has been on fire in the Champions League group stage with five goals, but has been rather unlucky in the league campaign. He won’t get a better chance to break his duck.
How Man Utd could line up vs Luton Town
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action