Manchester United welcome Galatasaray to Old Trafford for tonight’s Champions League group stage clash.
The Red Devils suffered a disappointing 1-0 loss to Crystal Palace in the Premier League on Saturday. It was their second defeat at home this season which did not please the fans.
Erik ten Hag will be eyeing a strong response from his side against Galatasaray. Ahead of the game, the manager has confirmed that Antony is in consideration to make the squad.
Andre Onana has played every minute of the club’s campaign since his summer arrival. The Cameroon international is expected to continue between the sticks and will be eyeing his third clean sheet in four games for the Red Devils.
In front of him, it could be the same backline from the Palace defeat. Diogo Dalot should continue at right-back with no other senior options available with Aaron Wan-Bissaka sidelined.
With Luke Shaw, Tyrell Malacia and Sergio Reguilon injured, Sofyan Amrabat looks set to continue as the makeshift left-back. He could invert into a midfield role when United have possession.
Raphael Varane and Victor Lindelof are the best centre-back duo available with Lisandro Martinez sidelined. The Argentine is out for the next three months due to a foot surgery.
In midfield, Casemiro and Mason Mount have been the manager’s preferred duo for the last two games in all competitions. We should see no changes against the Turkish champions.
Facundo Pellistri could be the only player making way from the weekend. He had a difficult full league debut against Palace and could be replaced by Hannibal Mejbri in the line-up.
The club graduate could start from the attacking midfield role which obviously means that Bruno Fernandes will move to the right wing. Marcus Rashford is an obvious starter on the left wing.
The same can be said for Rasmus Hojlund up front. He has just one goal to his name thus far, but the Denmark international has been getting into good positions in the box for the Red Devils.
Antony could be back in the matchday squad after his month-long lay-off due to personal reasons, but we don’t anticipate the Brazilian to make the starting XI. He could feature off the bench.
How Man Utd could line up vs Galatasaray
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin