Manchester United will welcome Fulham to Old Trafford for this evening’s FA Cup quarter-final.
The Red Devils recently booked their spot in the last eight of the Europa League. They will now be aiming to reach the final four of the FA Cup against the Cottagers.
Erik ten Hag will be without several key players including Casemiro and Anthony Martial but he will be expecting a strong performance in front of the supporters.
David de Gea has been almost ever-present between the sticks since the World Cup. He has only been rested for the Carabao Cup quarter-final. The Spaniard has had another top season with stand-out displays and is expected to start.
In defence, there could be three changes on the cards. Diogo Dalot has been on the bench in the last two outings with Aaron Wan-Bissaka getting the nod at right-back. The Portuguese should feature from the starting line-up this evening.
Harry Maguire delivered a strong display in Seville on Thursday but we fancy Raphael Varane to reclaim his starting spot alongside Lisandro Martinez at the heart of the defence. Similarly, Luke Shaw should replace Tyrell Malacia after being an unused substitute in midweek.
In midfield, there will be a forced change. Casemiro is suspended for the next four domestic games after his red card against Southampton. Marcel Sabitzer is expected to partner Fred in the centre of the park with Scott McTominay doubtful. Christian Eriksen and Donny van de Beek are injured.
Further forward, Bruno Fernandes will certainly start in his customary number 10 position. Jadon Sancho only came off the bench in midweek and we don’t see that changing. Facundo Pellistri was lively on the right wing in his full debut and should be backed by Ten Hag once again with Antony doubtful.
Marcus Rashford and Wout Weghorst are automatic starters. Rashford continued his incredible scoring form in midweek with a stellar strike from outside the box. He now has 27 goals for the campaign. Weghorst has started 17 successive games since his January move and will lead the line.
How Man Utd could line up against Fulham
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- 16: Man Utd star has outscored club’s top transfer target in 2023
- ‘You never know’: Frenkie de Jong reacts when asked about joining Man Utd this summer
- Erik ten Hag heaps special praise on Bruno Fernandes after FA Cup quarter-final win
- David de Gea delivers outstanding performance in FA Cup quarter-final vs Fulham
- Blow for Manchester United as Harry Maguire is ruled out of the FA Cup semi-final
- Marcel Sabitzer believes Manchester United were not handed the FA Cup quarter-final victory on a plate
- Manchester United to play Brighton & Hove Albion in the FA Cup semi-final
- Manchester United 3-1 Fulham: Three talking points as the Red Devils progress to the FA Cup semi-finals after remarkable second-half drama
- Facundo Pellistri reflects on first Manchester United start
- Erik ten Hag doesn’t need Ousmane Dembele despite report