Manchester United will be eyeing back-to-back Premier League wins for the first time since September when they host Crystal Palace on Sunday.
The Red Devils picked up a 3-2 comeback win over Arsenal in midweek, but it was another mixed performance from the backline.
Ralf Rangnick has now taken interim charge after Michael Carrick’s brief stint. The 40-year-old surprisingly chose to leave the club.
A back three has been Rangnick’s preferred formation in recent times, but he may not implement the system after just one training session.
David de Gea has been in superb form for the Red Devils this term.
He conceded a controversial opening goal against the Gunners but made amends with a strong save shortly after the break. The Spaniard should be a definite starter in goal.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka missed the Gunners clash with a minor hand injury. In his absence, Diogo Dalot had a superb outing at right-back.
The 22-year-old played a key part in the Red Devils’ second goal, stealing possession before launching a counter-attack.
With Raphael Varane still recovering after a hamstring injury, Victor Lindelof and Harry Maguire are likely to continue in central defence.
Alex Telles had a mixed showing at left-back, but he could start a third league game running.
Luke Shaw has been sidelined with a head injury recently and may not be rushed to the starting XI.
In midfield, Scott McTominay and Fred could continue. Fred had a poor start to the Gunners game as he was culpable for fouling De Gea in the lead-up to the opening goal.
He also lost possession in key defensive situations but redeemed himself with an assist as well as winning a crucial penalty.
Further forward, no changes could be on the cards. Bruno Fernandes bagged his first goal in 16 games in midweek, and he appears primed to start in the number 10 position.
He should be flanked by Jadon Sancho and Marcus Rashford on either side.
Sancho could not extend his two-match scoring streak on Thursday but was instrumental with two key passes, contributing to goals.
Cristiano Ronaldo bagged his 800th and 801st career goals against the Gunners, and the 36-year-old will be raring to go up front.
How Man Utd could line up against Crystal Palace
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Marko Arnautovic’s agent speaks out on potential Manchester United switch
- Man Utd suffer transfer blow with Fabian Ruiz set to join PSG
- Man Utd make opening bid for Marko Arnautovic
- Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion: Three talking points as Erik ten Hag suffers defeat in Premier League debut
- Player Ratings: Manchester United 1-2 Brighton & Hove Albion
- Harry Maguire insists that players will fight for the badge
- Erik ten Hag identifies Fabian Ruiz as the perfect Frenkie de Jong alternative for Manchester United
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Brighton – Three debutants, Ronaldo starts
- Opinion: Manchester United should forget Frenkie de Jong and sign these two unbelievable players for price of one
- Report: ‘Dazzling’ Benjamin Sesko knows Manchester United want him but PSG blow is last thing Erik ten Hag needs