Manchester United start their defence of the Carabao Cup title against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford tonight.
The Red Devils returned to winning ways after three defeats on Saturday. They secured a hard-fought 1-0 win at Burnley.
Erik ten Hag will now be eyeing back-to-back victories, but he is likely to make several changes for the third round tie.
Altay Bayindir looks set to make his United debut in goal. The Turkey international has been waiting patiently on the bench since his arrival from Fenerbahce and should finally get the chance between the sticks ahead of Andre Onana.
In central defence, Lisandro Martinez may not feature, having picked up an injury last week. Harry Maguire was involved in team training yesterday, but could be limited to a bench role. We anticipate Jonny Evans to be partnered by Raphael Varane.
Victor Lindelof could move to right-back for the third round tie, suppose Sergio Reguilon is still unwell. This would pave the way for Diogo Dalot to start at left-back, considering Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia are on the sidelines for the next few months.
Casemiro could get a much-needed breather tonight. Sofyan Amrabat, who made his debut from left-back at Turf Moor, should start in his preferred number six role. He could be accompanied by Christian Eriksen, who was an unused substitute at Burnley.
Scott McTominay and Hannibal Mejbri, who both started over the weekend, should drop to the bench alongside Marcus Rashford and Rasmus Hojlund. Mason Mount could feature among the substitutes too, having just returned from a hamstring injury.
We anticipate a new-look attack with Facundo Pellistri and Alejandro Garnacho on the right and left wing. Anthony Martial could lead the line with club captain Bruno Fernandes reclaiming his spot in the number 10 role. He scored with a stunning volley on Saturday. The Portuguese star has been an ever-present figure for the Red Devils and played every game for United last term when he was not suspended.
How Man Utd could line up vs Crystal Palace
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling