Manchester United will be in Champions League action against Copenhagen on the road tonight.
The Red Devils ended a two-match losing streak with a 1-0 Premier League win over Fulham. Bruno Fernandes made the difference with a late stoppage-time winner.
Ahead of today’s game, manager Erik ten Hag could make at least three changes to the starting line-up. Marcus Rashford should make his comeback after a minor injury.
United are currently on three points after as many group stage matches. They must beat the Danish champions to put themselves in a good position to make the round of 16.
Andre Onana had a comfortable afternoon against the Cottagers last weekend. He made two key saves and kept a clean sheet. The Cameroonian is expected to start between the sticks.
In front of him, the manager could opt for a solitary change from the win in west London. Raphael Varane could partner Harry Maguire in the heart of the defence after his late cameo.
The Frenchman has started on the bench in the last two league games with Maguire being partnered by Jonny Evans. We would be surprised if the Frenchman does not replace the latter.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Diogo Dalot should keep their places in the full-back positions.
In midfield, Scott McTominay looks a nailed-on starter from the number six role with Sofyan Amrabat’s inconsistency. Casemiro has been ruled out with a hamstring injury until January.
Christian Eriksen should retain his place alongside the Scot. The Dane made the assist for Maguire’s late winner against Copenhagen at home. He should get the nod over Mason Mount.
Further forward, we anticipate two changes from the Fulham win. With Rashford fit after a knock, he is set to return on the left wing ahead of young graduate Alejandro Garnacho.
If the manager picks his team based on last weekend’s performance, Facundo Pellistri should start ahead of Antony on the right wing. The Uruguayan provided the assist for Fernandes’ goal.
Fernandes is obviously a guaranteed starter in the number 10 role. The club captain stood out against Fulham with the winning strike and will be eyeing a similar contribution tonight.
Rasmus Hojlund will lead the line once more. The Dane has yet to score in the Premier League, but he has been lively in Europe with three goals from as many group stage games.
How Man Utd could line up vs Copenhagen
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action