Manchester United will step up their preparations for the season restart with a friendly against Cadiz at the Estadio Nuevo Mirandilla tonight.
The Red Devils started their training camp in Spain this week and the non-World Cup players have the opportunity to build up their match fitness.
The first of two winter friendlies will be played against Cadiz and here is how they could line up.
David de Gea was in superb form between the sticks for United before the mid-season break and he should get the nod in goal for the first half today.
With Diogo Dalot and Luke Shaw on World Cup duty, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Brandon Williams are likely to start in the full-back roles after overcoming their injury concerns.
Victor Lindelof should start in central defence tonight and could be accompanied by club graduate Teden Mengi. The 20-year-old is likely to be loaned out this winter.
In midfield, Scott McTominay should be a confirmed starter and could be partnered by Zidane Iqbal, who made a good impression during the pre-season tour last summer.
Donny van de Beek was pretty poor with his displays before the World Cup break. He needs to step up big time amid claims that he could be offloaded by the club soon.
The Dutchman should feature in the number 10 role with Anthony Elanga and the excellent Alejandro Garnacho either side of him. The latter will have his sights on becoming a regular starter.
Garnacho has shown that he has tremendous potential. He managed four goal contributions in as many games last month including a dramatic last-second winner against Fulham away.
Up front, it should be Anthony Martial. The Frenchman has picked up three injuries this season but has still impressed with six goal involvements. Hopefully, he can stay unscathed hereafter.
Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Cadiz
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out
- Nottingham Forest eager to sign Dean Henderson permanently next summer